Chef, author and TV Personality, Geoffrey Zakarian, is joined in the kitchen by his two daughters and they’re cooking up his go to breakfast of eggs, minced lamb and pine nuts!
If you’re cooking along with us at home, find the ingredient and preparation list below or listen and enjoy for your next meal inspiration.
Makes 4 – 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ¾ pound ground lamb
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Warm pita bread, for serving
- Large skillet, preferable cast iron
- Wooden spoon or silicon spatula
- Small mixing bowl
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lamb, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add the pine nuts.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. When lamb is fully cooked, push the mixture to the edge of the pan. Add the butter to the center of the pan and allow to melt. Pour in the eggs. Using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, stir the eggs in large circles, allowing large curds to form. Once the eggs are almost cooked, incorporate the lamb mixture into the eggs and remove from the heat.
Divide the eggs among plates, garnish with parsley, and serve with warm pita bread.