The one and only Giada De Laurentiis walks us through a super fast pasta that’s perfect for any night of the week. Our favorite part of this recipe is the special sauce with Calabrian chili that brings sweetness and warmth to this delicious dish.
If you’re cooking along with us at home, find the ingredient and preparation list below or listen and enjoy for your next meal inspiration.
COOK’S NOTE: Colatura di alici di Cetara is an Italian anchovy sauce that can be found in specialty shops.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste, or more if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon Colatura di alici di Cetara, or fish sauce
- 1 anchovy fillet chopped fine
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- 1 cup baby arugula, roughly chopped or torn
- Large tall pasta oot
- Large bowl
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta well.
In a large bowl, whisk together the chili paste, anchovy juice, anchovy fillet and olive oil. Add the pasta, top with the grated cheese and toss well adding the reserved pasta water as needed to create a sauce. Add the walnuts, mint and arugula and toss well.